Saturday 20 September 2008

Exploring the mysteries of my Nikon D40

I bought my Nikon about 1 1/2 year ago. When I bought it I thought it would be perfect for taking better pictures thanks to the auto modes and that, when I had some time, I'd look into the manual settings and learn to use it properly.

I have always loved the idea to learn photography, and it has always stayed at that, I love the idea! ;)

The recent start of my "one picture a day" challenge has been just the opportunity I was missing. Thanks to the themes, I've had to actually think about what pictures I wanted to take. After a few days of this, I decided to get a book.

I ordered the "Nikon D40 for dummies". I am still reading about the auto settings at the moment, but I have already learnt a lot about my camera! I never in a million years thought there was so much to it!

So, of course, I am excited to start learning about the manual modes, what is shutter speed, exposure, depth of field, etc. but quite scared at the same time. There is SO MUCH to learn.

Anyway, if you want to check on my progress in learning both to use my camera and what photography is about, keep an eye on the "Learning to use my camera" category. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting, Corinne. I am planning on buying the D40 around Christmas time. I can't wait to spend time learning it. You'll have to let me know how the book is.