Saturday 8 November 2008

More from the Lanterne Fest

Yesterday evening was the "Lanterne Fest" from Logan and Connor's school. It's a traditional German celebration that's got to do with carrying lanterns around and then making a big fire, while singing some German songs "Lanterne, Lanterne..."

The lanterns are lit by real candles and are made of paper. I just let you imagine how stressful it can be having a 3 and a 4 year old carrying these. Actually, Connor's caught fire and was partially destroyed, which really upset him.

Otherwise, I think they really enjoyed it, despite my stupidity. I was convinced that the celebration started at 18:00 and realised 5 mins before it was time to leave that it started at 17:30! So, we rushed there and had to run through the streets to catch up with the parade and Logan was really upset at having missed the beginning. Luckily, we caught up with them about half way and Logan finally seemed to start enjoying himself. Unfortunately, Connor also started to be ill before we left with fever, so he wasn't at his best...

















In this picture, you can see the big hole on Connor's lantern where the paper burnt...




1 comment:

K A R I™ said...

That looks like so much fun (and I can understand how it would be stressful at the same time!)

I hope Connor is feeling better